Document management isn’t always sexy. But it can be when you have the right system in place.
Do you know where all of your documents are? It’s 2014, but some of us are still comfortable in our old ways of storing important information.
Twenty years ago, the answer to that question was either “in my filing cabinet” or “on my desk”. But today, while we may be slightly more updated many people are still not as organized as they could be.
Do YOU use any (or all) of the following?
- Filing cabinets
- Network drives
- Personal computer
- The Cloud (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive)
- Offsite storage
- Office desk
Having a significant number of storage locations using various document formats presents a number of risks and issues, including the costs associated with the physical storage of the documents and the time it takes to search for them.
Creating additional document repositories also typically results in the same documents being stored in multiple locations by different departments. Yikes!
This introduces issues related to:
- Cost savings from elimination of excessive document repositories, physical storage space, and maintenance costs (typically costs about $20 to FILE a doc, and $120 to FIND a misfiled doc!).
- Time savings when searching for documents.
- Space savings by converting paper archives into electronic formats.
- Helps achieve and maintain ISO compliance
- Reduce exposure in legal discoveries by eliminating expired documents.
- Disaster recovery protection in the event of a catastrophic event.
- Improved access to documents via secure web-based interfaces.
Summit Business Technologies has been delivering document management solutions for over 10 years by partnering with industry leaders that allow us to provide solutions that deliver compliance and productivity benefits. Our solutions are tailored to your specific requirements and include all the components necessary to define, implement and provide ongoing support for your Document Management System.
Check out all the ways Summit can help you here.
Prefer to talk? Call us: 410-987-5914 x.5142
By Divya Ooi, Divya.Ooi@SummitBizTech.com